The beginning of the cultivation of vines, with the production of wine, by the Tornatore family dates back to 1865 when the great-grandfather of the current owner began farming. In 1910 Giuseppe, grandfather of the current owner, built a house with an adjoining millstone in the Piano Fiera district with adjacent 2 ha of vineyard plus another 2ha on the north side of Etna in the Piano Felci district at an altitude of 1,000 meters above sea level.
The Tornatore family has always had a detailed knowledge of the territories of the municipality of Castiglione di Sicilia since grandfather Giuseppe and uncle Giovanni were appointed cadastral indicators at the beginning of the 1930s, accompanying the topographer to survey parcels, to define boundaries. and names of the districts. The construction of an oil mill attached to the millstone also dates back to that period, which was active, in the various technological evolutions, until the 1970s.
A family therefore with deep roots in the territory of origin, which in subsequent generations, has never neglected the attachment and respect for it and for traditions.